Vietnamese Pork & Noodles with Ginger Lime Sauce
Vietnamese cuisine treasures the balance between textures and flavors. In this brilliant dish, we’ve mixed crunchy vegetables with soft noodles and juicy pork tenderloin, and blended sharp ginger with pungent garlic for pleasing contrast. To maximize your intake of sulforaphane, a cancer risk–reducing compound found in cruciferous veggies, choose broccoli sprouts. Sulforaphone levels are 10 to 100 times higher in three-day-old broccoli sprouts than they are in broccoli.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more Asian-style pastas here.
- 8 oz whole-wheat linguine
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 oz broccoli sprouts
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to saucepan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add cabbage and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, until vegetables soften. Add onion-cabbage mixture, carrots and broccoli sprouts to linguine and toss well.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Add remaining 1 tsp oil and pork. Cook, stirring often, until largest piece is opaque in center, about 7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove pork and add to linguine mixture. Toss to combine.
- Return skillet to stove top and heat on medium-low. Add lime juice, ginger, salt and 2 tbsp water. With a silicone spatula or whisk, mix well to create a smooth sauce. Simmer for 1 minute, until thickened and slightly reduced. Add to linguine mixture and toss to coat.
- Serving Size 3 cups
- Calories 399
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 74 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 352 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g