Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Basil has been shown to possess both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties thanks to the volatile oils within its leaves. Components such as estragole, linalool, eugenol and limonene, to name a few, in the basil may help restrict the growth of bacteria.
Did you enjoy this virgin mojito recipe? Try this virgin raspberry bellini recipe.
- Place basil, mint, lime and cane juice in the bottom of a large martini shaker. Using a wooden spoon, crush mixture until lime releases most of its juice and herbs are slightly bruised, about 2 minutes.
- Top with sparkling water and stir to com-bine. Fill 2 glasses with ice and divide mixture evenly among glasses. If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serving Size 8 oz
- Calories 30
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g