Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Munch on our wakame, rice and tofu salad for a boost to your body’s magnesium supply, a mineral that is getting a lot of attention for its possible benefits to manage hypertension .
- Cook rice according to package directions; add carrot during last 5 minutes of cooking and mix.
- Meanwhile, soak mushrooms in a bowl with enough warm water to cover and let stand 20 minutes; drain and chop.
- Transfer rice and carrots to a large mixing bowl. Add mushrooms, wakame and pepper and combine well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger and oil; pour over rice mixture and toss to combine. Carefully stir in tofu. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours for best flavor; can be kept in fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1 cup wakame salad
- Calories 130
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 400 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g