Love almond butter? Don't miss this cookie recipe!
- 1 lb whole-grain spaghetti
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted almond butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- Red pepper flakes, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cook whole-grain spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, poach boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a pinch of sea salt and enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer
- and cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, then drain water and shred chicken using a fork; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk natural unsalted almond butter, reduced-sodium soy sauce, finely chopped garlic cloves and peeled and grated ginger.
- Drain pasta; reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Rinse pasta with cold water. Add reserved cooking liquid to the almond butter sauce and mix well to combine.
- In a large bowl, toss almond butter mixture with drained pasta. Add fresh baby spinach, shredded purple cabbage, shredded green cabbage, shredded chicken, thinly sliced scallions, a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.