- 1½ lb multicolored baby potatoes sea salt, to taste
- 1 7-oz jar tuna or mackerel fillets packed in olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz thin green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
- ¼ English cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 cups mixed lettuce/chicory (such as raddichio, Little Gem, Boston or romaine lettuce), torn
1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, add a generous pinch salt, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Drain tuna, reserving oil. Place ¼ cup of reserved oil, shallot and garlic in a small skillet over low heat. Cook until mixture sizzles for 30 seconds, then transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in mustard, vinegar, olive oil, dill and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat, cover pan and let stand 8 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. When eggs have cooled, peel and halve. Rinse pan, fill halfway with water and add a generous pinch salt. Bring to a boil. Add green beans and blanch until just crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer green beans to a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain and pat dry.
4. Quarter potatoes and place in bowl with dressing, green beans and cucumber; toss. Crumble tuna and add to vegetables; toss again. Divide lettuce among plates (or use a large serving platter); top with potato mixture and egg halves and season with pepper.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 495
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Cholesterol Content: 199 mg
- Fat Content: 28 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 687 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g