1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, add a generous pinch salt, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Drain tuna, reserving oil. Place ¼ cup of reserved oil, shallot and garlic in a small skillet over low heat. Cook until mixture sizzles for 30 seconds, then transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in mustard, vinegar, olive oil, dill and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat, cover pan and let stand 8 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. When eggs have cooled, peel and halve. Rinse pan, fill halfway with water and add a generous pinch salt. Bring to a boil. Add green beans and blanch until just crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer green beans to a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain and pat dry.
4. Quarter potatoes and place in bowl with dressing, green beans and cucumber; toss. Crumble tuna and add to vegetables; toss again. Divide lettuce among plates (or use a large serving platter); top with potato mixture and egg halves and season with pepper.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 495
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 199 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 687 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g