Warm Potato Salad Niçoise
This quick and easy, Whole30-compliant flavorful potato salad can be served as a side or work as a protein-packed meal all by itself.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1½ lb multicolored baby potatoes sea salt, to taste
- 1 7-oz jar tuna or mackerel fillets packed in olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz thin green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
- ¼ English cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 cups mixed lettuce/chicory (such as raddichio, Little Gem, Boston or romaine lettuce), torn
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cool water. Bring to a boil, add a generous pinch salt, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Drain tuna, reserving oil. Place ¼ cup of reserved oil, shallot and garlic in a small skillet over low heat. Cook until mixture sizzles for 30 seconds, then transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in mustard, vinegar, olive oil, dill and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs in a saucepan; cover with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat, cover pan and let stand 8 minutes. Remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. When eggs have cooled, peel and halve. Rinse pan, fill halfway with water and add a generous pinch salt. Bring to a boil. Add green beans and blanch until just crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer green beans to a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain and pat dry.
- Quarter potatoes and place in bowl with dressing, green beans and cucumber; toss. Crumble tuna and add to vegetables; toss again. Divide lettuce among plates (or use a large serving platter); top with potato mixture and egg halves and season with pepper.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 495
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 199 mg
- Fat Content 28 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 687 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g