1. Up to 1 day in advance: In a large bowl, combine watercress, endive and radicchio. Arrange a damp paper towel over the top then cover and set aside in the refrigerator. In a medium bowl, combine apple, 2 tsp vinegar and 1 cup water, tossing to coat apple slices. Drain, cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
2. In a small skillet on medium, toast mustard seeds, swirling occasionally, until they begin to pop, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small plate or bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a small bowl, combine mustard seeds, mustard, shallot and remaining ¼ cup vinegar. Whisk in oil and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
4. On the day of: Toss radicchio mixture with dressing to taste and arrange on plates or a platter. Top with apples, cheese and any remaining dressing.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 112
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g