Find more eggplant recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (TRY: Woodstock Organic Dijon Mustard)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups baby kale
- 1 cup cooked or BPA-free canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (TIP: Any white bean can work here, so pick your favorite.)
- 1/3 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated ricotta salata, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mist eggplant with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer, cut sides up on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until softened and golden brown. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, vinegar, honey, Dijon and garlic. Whisk in water, 1 tbsp at a time, until dressing is pourable but still thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about ¼ cup. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss kale, beans, olives and tomatoes; add dressing and toss to coat. Divide mixture among plates and top each with 2 pieces of eggplant. Garnish with ricotta salata (if using).
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 326
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 16 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 413 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g