Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Avoiding Gluten or Grains?
Swap the whole-grain bread for CE’s Ultimate Grain-Free Sandwich Bread on cleaneating.com. Made with egg whites, it will also boost the protein content of your breakfast even further.
1. In a food processor, combine beans, red pepper, oil, garlic (if using), salt and pepper flakes. Process until smooth and creamy. (MAKE AHEAD: Mixture can be made the night before; cover and refrigerate.)
2. Just before serving, toast bread slices. Spread bean mixture on toast. Top with avocado and optional toppings. Drizzle with additional oil.
- Serving Size 1 toast with bean spread and avocado
- Calories 405
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 316 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g