A boon for your heart: This soup is brimming with heart-healthy nutrients such as magnesium and folate from the white beans. Magnesium is a mineral that works to relax blood vessels and has a protective effect against the calcification of arteries. Folate, or vitamin B, helps reduce levels of the amino acid homocysteine in the blood, an increased level of which is associated with heart disease.
- Prep Time
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans unsalted white beans (such as cannellini or navy beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp dried herbes de provence, divided
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped roasted unsalted almonds
- 2 tsp drained jarred capers, chopped
1. In a blender, purée beans, broth, milk, shallot, garlic, ½ tsp herbes de provence, salt and pepper.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan, cover and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare pesto: In a bowl, stir together oil, basil, almonds, capers and remaining 1/4 tsp herbes de provence.
4. Divide soup among bowls and drizzle with pesto.
Looking for more Blender Soups?
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 619
- Carbohydrate Content: 66 g
- Fat Content: 30 g
- Fiber Content: 19 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 761 mg
- Sugar Content: 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g