Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
A boon for your heart: This soup is brimming with heart-healthy nutrients such as magnesium and folate from the white beans. Magnesium is a mineral that works to relax blood vessels and has a protective effect against the calcification of arteries. Folate, or vitamin B, helps reduce levels of the amino acid homocysteine in the blood, an increased level of which is associated with heart disease.
1. In a blender, purée beans, broth, milk, shallot, garlic, ½ tsp herbes de provence, salt and pepper.
2. Transfer soup to a medium saucepan, cover and heat on medium, whisking occasionally, until warmed, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare pesto: In a bowl, stir together oil, basil, almonds, capers and remaining 1/4 tsp herbes de provence.
4. Divide soup among bowls and drizzle with pesto.
Looking for more Blender Soups?
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups
- Calories 619
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 19 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 761 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g