Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, prepare pesto: In a food processor, combine basil, ½ cup almonds, 3 tbsp oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and 4 to 5 tbsp water; pulse until mostly smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add cherry tomatoes, shrimp, salt, black pepper and pepper flakes and cook until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. To sauté pan, add pesto, drained pasta and reserved ½ cup cooking liquid; toss to combine. Divide pasta among bowls and sprinkle with parsley, cheese and remaining 1½ tbsp chopped almonds.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 578
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 141 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g