Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Reader Recipe Tester:
Christina Certo; Arlington, Virginia
“Like most quick cakes, this recipe can be mixed up and taken out of the oven in less than an hour! It’s also extremely adaptable – you can try many different types of apples and raw honey. A dark buckwheat honey imparts a slight molasses flavor, while a light wildflower honey accentuates the fruity flavor of the apples. Top your slice with a smear of nonfat Greek yogurt and you’ve got quite a substantial snack.”
Love this apple zucchini bread? Check out more zucchini recipes here.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mist an 8 x 4-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together apple, zucchini, egg, yogurt and honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/10 of bread
- Calories 113
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 21 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.25 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g