- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head cauliflower, green leaves trimmed, bottom sliced flat so cauliflower can stand upright
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh dill
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted and skinned hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsulfured green raisins (or dried unsweetened currants), soaked in warm water 15 minutes, drained
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket and a few inches of water. Bring to a boil on medium. Carefully place cauliflower in steamer basket, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
2. Transfer cauliflower onto prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine oil and paprika. Brush all over outside of cauliflower. Sprinkle with ¾ tsp salt and pepper to taste. Roast until very tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk tahini, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, garlic, remaining ½ tsp salt and enough water to make a pourable sauce (start with 2 tbsp water, adding more as needed).
4. Place cauliflower on a rimmed plate or shallow bowl; arrange herbs around. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and raisins. Drizzle with sauce, reserving extra sauce for dipping. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 243
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 444 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g