Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together warm water, yeast and honey. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, until foamy. Whisk in 2 tbsp oil.
2. In a food processor fitted with a dough blade (do not use standard metal S blade), add flour and salt. Start motor and pour in liquid mixture. Process until a smooth dough ball forms and moves around processor bowl easily, about
3. Grease a large bowl with remaining ½ tsp oil and add dough ball, turning to coat lightly with oil. Cover bowl with a towel and place in a slightly warm, draft-free area for 2 to 3 hours.
NOTE: Dough can also rise in refrigerator for up to 24 hours with plastic wrap over bowl. Split in half into 2 balls. Proceed to our Barbecue Chicken Pizza or Pineapple & Turkey-Bacon Pizza, or get creative with your own toppings (see directions below).
*If adding your own toppings: Preheat a grill to medium. Roll out dough to an 8 1/2 x 13-inch rectangle or 11-inch circle with a rolling pin (no need to flour surface). Grease a large baking sheet with 1/2 tsp oil. Transfer dough to sheet and flip so that both sides have a light coating of oil.
Remove dough from sheet and place directly on the grill. Close lid and, after 2 minutes, flip over using hands or tongs, making sure dough doesn’t burn but gets grill marks and puffs up a little. While still on grill, add sauce and toppings to dough. Close lid and grill until cheese has melted but crust is not burned, about 4 minutes. If the crust is dark enough but cheese hasn’t melted, finish in a 350°F oven.
- Serving Size 1 slice/crust only
- Calories 98
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 240 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g