1. Make sauce: Place cashews in a medium bowl and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place cashews, ¾ cup fresh water, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a high-speed blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Add additional water, 2 tbsp at a time, to reach drizzling consistency. Transfer to a bowl and stir in dill.
2. Make pickled veggies: In a small bowl, combine carrots, onion, vinegar, apple juice and salt. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator until serving.
3. Make chicken: In a small bowl, combine ras el hanout and salt. Rub chicken with seasoning. Place chicken in a 4-quart slow cooker and add broth.
4. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and discard cooking liquid.
5. Slice chicken and divide among lettuce leaves. Use a slotted spoon to top the chicken with the pickled veggies. Drizzle with the sauce.
Instant pot variation: Make the sauce and pickled vegetables. Follow the directions in the Steps 3 and 4 using a 6-quart Instant Pot. Lock the lid in place. Select Manual and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Use natural release for 5 minutes then quick release. Follow the remaining directions to serve.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 424
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 113 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 617 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g