Recipes excerpted from The Whole30 Friends & Family © 2019 by Melissa Hartwig Urban. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- Make marinade: In a blender or food processor, combine cilantro, salt, pepper, oil, lime juice, lemon juice, and garlic. Blend until smooth. Place chicken in 2 large resealable plastic bags and add one-half of marinade to each bag (or use 2 large lidded glass containers). Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up 2 hours.
- Make guacamole: Meanwhile, scoop avocado flesh into a medium bowl. Mash with a fork. Stir in tomato, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill to high. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on a grill rack; discard marinade. Grill, turning once halfway through, until cooked (165°F), 14 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare shrimp: Place shrimp in a large bowl. Drizzle lime juice over shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle Tajín seasoning over the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a large platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Add shrimp to the grill. Cook, turning once halfway through, until opaque throughout and pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken with shrimp, guacamole and lime wedges. Top with cilantro.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 428
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 189 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 52 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 568 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g