Roasted Berries & Grapes with Sesame Pistachio Crumble
Melissa Urban suggests preparing this gorgeous fruity crumble with nut and seed topping for a baby shower, but we think it will be well received after a dinner party as well.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Recipes excerpted from The Whole30 Friends & Family © 2019 by Melissa Hartwig Urban. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
- 1 lb red or green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 6–8-oz container blueberries
- 1 6-oz container raspberries
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup almond flour or meal
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- chopped fresh mint, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine grapes, blueberries, raspberries and vanilla bean pieces on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil; gently stir to coat. Spread into an even layer. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once, until fruit is tender and starting to caramelize. Remove vanilla bean pieces. Spoon fruit into a shallow serving dish or ramekins.
2. In a small skillet, combine almond flour and sesame seeds. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Stir in pistachios and coconut oil. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3. Spoon crumble over fruit and garnish with mint.
- Serving Size 1/15 of recipe
- Calories 135
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 36 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g