We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large heavy skillet on medium, heat oil. Add roast and cook until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes.
2. Transfer roast to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, broth, tomatoes, pepperoncini with reserved liquid, Italian seasoning, paprika, cayenne (if using), garlic and bay leaf.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4½ to 5 hours. Discard bay leaf.
4. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meat and vegetables to a platter; drizzle with cooking liquid and sprinkle with parsley.
Note: This roast can also be served as a stew. Simply break up the cooked roast into smaller chunks. Divide the roast, vegetables and cooking liquid among bowls and sprinkle servings with parsley.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 662
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 172 mg
- Fat Content 39 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 14 g
- Sodium Content 1877 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 18 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g