- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large pasture-raised eggs
- 4 4-oz wild-caught salmon fillets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 8 oz salad greens
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 24 black olives
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 12 to 16 pickled green beans (also called dilly beans)
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
1. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Gently add eggs and boil for 13 minutes. Immediately plunge eggs into the ice bath and let sit for 5 minutes. Gently tap eggs on the counter to crack, then peel each and cut in half.
2. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt. Heat the avocado oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the fish, skin side up, and sear for 3 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook an additional 3 minutes, until opaque. Turn off the heat and let stand for 1 minute.
3. Place the salad greens in a bowl and toss with olive oil and lemon juice. Divide among four plates, then arrange olives, onions, pickled beans, tomatoes and sunflower seeds evenly on top of the greens. Add the eggs and salmon and serve.
Recipe excerpted from Food: What the Heck Should I Cook? Copyright © 2019 by Mark Hyman, MD. Used with permission of Little, Brown and Company, New York. All rights reserved.
See Also What is the Pegan Diet?