NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftovers and reheat when called for.
- Prep Time
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 lb Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 large yellow bell peppers, chopped
3 large shallots, minced
1 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp sea salt + additional to taste
¼ tsp ground black pepper + additional to taste
3½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
⅛ tsp crumbled saffron threads
4 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a large pot on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add potatoes, bell peppers, shallots, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables start to soften, about 12 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add broth and saffron. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Working in batches, carefully transfer soup to a blender and purée until smooth. (TIP: Remove plastic stopper in blender lid and cover with a towel to allow steam to escape.) Season with additional salt and pepper. Pour soup into bowls.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tbsp oil and cilantro; drizzle over servings.
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 252
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 434 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g