NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftovers and reheat when called for.
1. In a large pot on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add potatoes, bell peppers, shallots, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables start to soften, about 12 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add broth and saffron. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Working in batches, carefully transfer soup to a blender and purée until smooth. (TIP: Remove plastic stopper in blender lid and cover with a towel to allow steam to escape.) Season with additional salt and pepper. Pour soup into bowls.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tbsp oil and cilantro; drizzle over servings.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups
- Calories 252
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 434 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g