Looking for more meatless options? Check out our vegetarian section.
- Prep Time
- 1 3/4 lb yellow beefsteak or vine tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped field-grown cucumber
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup grape seed or sunflower oil
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- Arrange a mesh sieve over a medium bowl. Squeeze tomatoes over top of strainer, discarding seeds and reserving juice. Chop tomato flesh.
- In a blender, combine tomato flesh, cucumber and bell pepper and blend until smooth.
- Add reserved tomato juice, onion, orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and jalapeño and blend until combined. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for several hours (overnight is best, if possible).
- Prepare cilantro oil: To a blender, and cilantro and grape seed oil. Blend until smooth. Garnish each serving of gazpacho with 1 tsp of cilantro oil and avocado.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 84
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 41 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g