Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan. In a small skillet on low, add oil and garlic; cook for 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; let cool. Remove garlic and reserve for another use. Reserve oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, lemon zest, baking powder, 1 tsp za’atar and salt; mix well. In a small bowl or mug, mix 3 tbsp warm water and vinegar. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. Stir vinegar mixture and 2 tbsp reserved oil into dry ingredients. Fold in egg whites until almost completely incorporated, then fold in mozzarella and olives.
4. Combine Parmesan and remaining 1 tsp za’atar in a medium bowl. Using an ice cream scoop, form dough into balls and roll into Parmesan mixture. Place dough balls next to each other in the center of the loaf pan. (NOTE: Don’t worry if pan isn’t filled.) Drizzle dough with remaining reserved oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 10 slices. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size 1 slice
- Calories 178
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g