TIP: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate 1 serving zoodles and ½ of grilled chicken for leftovers in Week 1. You'll make a fresh batch in Week 2; refrigerate 1 serving as well.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large or 4 small zucchini, trimmed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted walnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 oz chicken breast tenders
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Working one at a time, secure zucchini in a spiral maker and turn crank to create “zoodles,” long strands that resemble spaghetti. (NOTE: Always read directions for your spiral maker as directions vary by brand.) Cut any zoodles that are very long in half. Line a large baking sheet with a double layer of paper towel and spread zoodles on sheet in a single layer. Gently squeeze with more paper towels. Sprinkle with salt; set aside 30 to 45 minutes. Working in batches, transfer to another sheet lined with paper towel; gently squeeze out moisture.
- In a small food processor, pulse cilantro, walnuts, shallot, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, garlic and oregano. With machine running, stream in 1 tbsp oil. Set aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper. Using a mallet, pound to 1-inch thickness. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining ½ tsp oil. Season chicken with pepper. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and golden. Transfer to a cutting board, let rest 5 minutes and then slice.
- Mist same skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add zoodles, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly softened. Remove from heat; toss with reserved pesto. Divide among plates; top with chicken.
- Serving Size: 2 cups zoodles and 1/2 cup chicken
- Calories: 326
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 66 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 337 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g