Love veggie noodles? Check out Sweet Potato Puttanesca with Chicken & Swiss Chard.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 4-lb spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves, plus 2 tbsp chopped basil for garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted walnuts (2 oz)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish. Add enough water to cover bottom of dish in a thin layer. Cover with foil and bake until flesh is tender when pierced with a fork, 30 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and use a fork to scrape out flesh in spaghetti-like strands; add to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare pesto: In a food processor, combine basil leaves, walnuts, ginger and 1/8 tsp salt. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. With processor running, slowly pour in ¼ cup oil through the feed tube. Scrape down sides of bowl; run processor again and slowly pour ¼ cup water through the feed tube. (NOTE: If you prefer a thinner texture, add more water, 1 tbsp at a time.)
- In a large skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add squash, 1/8 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper and cook, stirring gently, until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide among 4 plates. Top each plate of squash evenly with pesto. Wipe out skillet.
- In same skillet on medium, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium. Season shrimp with remaining ¼ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Add to skillet and cook, turning once or twice, until lightly browned and opaque in the center, about 4 minutes. Top plates evenly with shrimp. Drizzle lemon juice over top and garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
- Serving Size: 1 cup squash, 1/4 of shrimp and pesto
- Calories: 484
- Carbohydrate Content: 10 g
- Cholesterol Content: 26 mg
- Fat Content: 33 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 415 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g