If you love sweet potatoes, try our recipe for Quick Sweet Potato Fries!
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess moisture. In a large bowl, toss together zucchini, sweet potato and flour until well coated. Add onion, 3 egg whites and pepper and toss to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1½ tbsp oil on medium-high. Drop half of the zucchini mixture by ¼-cup rounds into skillet and use a spatula to gently press down rounds. Cook, without turning, until bottoms are browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn once and cook, until browned on second side, 2 to 3 minutes. Arrange fritters on baking sheet and transfer to oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1½ tbsp oil and zucchini mixture and then transfer to oven to keep warm.
- Bring a large shallow saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and add vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Using a spoon, swirl water and gently slip in egg. Repeat with remaining eggs, adjusting heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until egg whites are set but yolks are still slightly runny, 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a paper towel–lined plate to dry. Divide fritters among plates and top with eggs and chives.
- Serving Size 3 fritters and one egg
- Calories 223
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 185 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 205 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g