Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange bacon in a single layer. Bake, turning once, until just beginning to crisp, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with maple syrup. Continue baking to desired crispness. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cane juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk and oil, whisking to combine. Mix wet ingredients into dry, whisking until just combined. Fold in zucchini, apple and ricotta.
- Mist a griddle with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- Working in batches, drop 3 tbsp batter per pancake on griddle. Cook until golden brown on bottom, then flip and continue cooking until golden brown on other side and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes total. Serve with bacon alongside.
- Serving Size 2 pancakes and 1 strip bacon
- Calories 190
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 546 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g