Find more zucchini recipes here!
- Prep Time
- 4 small zucchini (or a combination of zucchini and summer squash), sliced 1/8 inch thick lengthwise (NOTE: This is easy to do with a mandoline, but you can also use a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler.)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (such as cannellini or great northern) or 1 15-oz BPA-free can, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 4 small green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chiffonade-cut fresh basil (TIP: Stack leaves, then gently roll and slice finely.)
- 3- to 4-oz block Pecorino-Romano or Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste (or red pepper)
- Layer zucchini slices on a platter or in a bowl. Top with beans, pine nuts, onions, basil and cheese.
- Squeeze lemon over the platter. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of salad
- Calories: 244
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 287 mg
- Sugar Content: 2.5 g