Get access to everything we publish when you
sign up for Outside+.
Find more zucchini recipes here!
- 4 small zucchini (or a combination
of zucchini and summer squash), sliced 1/8 inch thick lengthwise
(NOTE: This is easy to do with a mandoline, but you can also use a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler.)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
(such as cannellini or great northern) or 1 15-oz BPA-free can, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 4 small green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chiffonade-cut fresh basil
(TIP: Stack leaves, then gently roll
and slice finely.)
- 3- to 4-oz block Pecorino-Romano or Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper,
to taste (or red pepper)
- Layer zucchini slices on a platter or in a bowl. Top with beans, pine nuts, onions, basil and cheese.
- Squeeze lemon over the platter. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size 1/6 of salad
- Calories 244
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 287 mg
- Sugar Content 2.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g