We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prep Time
- 18 frittersServings
- 1 lb zucchini, trimmed and grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (TRY: NOW Real Food Organic Coconut Flour)
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- safflower oil, for cooking
1. In a colander, toss together zucchini, onion and salt. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. One handful at a time, squeeze zucchini mixture to remove excess liquid; transfer to a medium bowl. Add corn, flour, arrowroot and baking powder; toss to combine. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with dill. Stir in zucchini mixture until coated. Stir in feta and pepper.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. For each batch, heat a thin layer of oil and then drop 1/4 cup portions of zucchini mixture into skillet without crowding. Cook, turning once, until fritters are golden and a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and repeat with more oil and remaining batter.
Make Ahead: Make the fritters entirely in advance up to 2 days ahead. Reheat in a 350ºF oven until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1 fritter
- Calories: 58
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 186 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g