Nutritional Bonus: Just 1 cup of these zucchini noodles contain 55% of your DV of molybdenum, a little-known trace mineral that is necessary for your body's metabolism of carbohydrates.
Love zucchini? Try this recipe, too!
- Prep Time
- 4 large zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered, optional
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Working one piece at a time, secure zucchini into spiral slicer and turn crank to create angel hair noodles. (NOTE: Always read the directions for your spiral slicer as they vary by brand.) Transfer zucchini noodles to a large bowl and set aside.
- Prepare marinara sauce: In a blender, combine all marinara ingredients and blend until smooth. Add desired amount of marinara to zucchini noodles and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls. If desired, garnish with yeast, tomatoes and basil, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 1 cup noodles and 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Calories: 142
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 275 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g