Also see 20 Fabulous Pasta Recipes.
From Aim True by Kathryn Budig. Copyright © 2016 by Kathryn Budig. Reprinted by permission of William Morow Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
- Serves 2 to 4Servings
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 large handfuls fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons pink salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Spiralize or peel the zucchini into noodle-like ribbons. Pat them with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Place the almonds, basil, oil, pecorino, garlic, and salt into a food processor and blend until the pesto is the desired consistency (I like a chunky texture). Gently fold the pesto into the zucchini noodles and toss with the cherry tomatoes.