Hands-on time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 10 oz whole-wheat fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini (preferably 1 green and 1 gold), halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 lb tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tbsp chevre (spreadable goat cheese)
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a large skillet or saut_ pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots and garlic are tender, about 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, salt and pepper, stirring until tomatoes are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in basil and chevre.
- Divide fettuccine among 4 serving bowls. Top with sauce, dividing evenly, and serve.
Nutrients per serving (1 cup pasta and 1 1/4 cup sauce): Calories: 399, Total Fat: 12 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 59 g, Fiber: 13 g, Sugars: 10 g, Protein: 15 g, Sodium: 432 mg, Cholesterol: 2 mg
Nutritional Bonus: Here's something to smile about: Just one serving of this pasta delivers over 130% of your daily manganese, an essential trace mineral. Among other things, manganese works with B vitamins to help promote a happy attitude in the face of stress, frustration and anxiety.