Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Fresh herbs are one of my favorite ways to brighten up recipes. I use them as the base for pesto and sauces, to sprinkle over salads and even to infuse herbal flavor into my smoothies.
A question I often get from my students is how I keep my herbs fresh so I can always have them on hand. Many people store their herbs in a plastic bag in their crisper drawer, but unfortunately, this often leads to wilted, shriveled and browned herbs after just a few days—a waste of an expensive ingredient.
But there is a better way to store herbs. In this video, I’ll show you my easy technique to keep them fresh for up to two weeks. Trust me, you’ll never have wilted herbs again! Watch to learn how:
Recipes to Try:
- Basil, Chive & Parsley Blender Pesto
- Honeydew & Blackberry Bowl with Basil-Lime Drizzle
- Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Mixed Pepper Slaw with Mango
- Sweet Cherry Cilantro Salsa
- Zucchini Pasta with Almond-Basil Pesto