Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
See also 15 Succulent Salmon Recipes.
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons labne
- 1 tablespoon capers, brine reserved
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 3 ounces’ smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- Sprouted-grain English muffins, toasted
- Juniper salt (see below)
- Place the yogurt, labne, capers and brine, lemon zest and juice, and scallions in a medium-size bowl and combine, using a rubber spatula. Fold in the salmon and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Spread on toasted English muffins, sprinkled with a pinch of juniper salt.
- 2 tablespoons juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon Malden salt
- Place the juniper berries and salt in a completely dry blender or spice grinder, cover tightly, and blend on high speed for 15 seconds, until finely ground.