Easy Chicken Fajitas
This colorful meal can be whipped up in minutes on busy nights. For even quicker prep, replace our seasoning mix with 4 tbsp of an all-natural fajita spice mixture, but look for low-sodium varieties.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Got a few more minutes? Make our 5-Minute Guacamole: Mash together 2 ripe avocados, 1 minced shallot and 2 minced cloves garlic. Mix in 1 small diced tomato, 1 tsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- 1 1/2 tsp each arrowroot powder, organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic cane sugar), onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, chile powder, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika and dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 5-inch whole-wheat or corn tortillas
- Salsa, lime wedges, guacamole (recipe follows), cheddar cheese, sour cream or cilantro
1. In a small bowl, combine all seasoning mix ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add chicken and cook, turning halfway, until browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. In same skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and cook 2 more minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Add wine, stirring, until almost fully reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Add seasoning mix, stirring to coat, and cook 1 more minute.
4. Remove skillet from heat. To serve, divide fajita mixture among tortillas along with desired optional accompaniments.
- Serving Size 2 fajitas
- Calories 430
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 293 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g