Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Do you want to learn more about the ketogenic diet? Register now to join best-selling author Maria Emmerich, the foremost authority on the keto diet and a wellness expert in nutrition and exercise physiology, for our newest 8-week clean online course Clean Keto for Weight Loss: The Ultimate Guide to a High-Fat Diet.
1. Place a pizza stone in over then heat to 425°F. (You can also use a baking sheet, but a stone will yield better results.)
2. Prepare crust: In a small saucepan on medium-low, add cheese and butter and heat, stirring, until cheese is entirely melted. Stir well and remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl, add egg and combine well using a hand mixer. Add almond flour and salt and combine well with mixer. Using your hands, knead dough for about 3 minutes.
3. Place dough on a greased piece of parchment paper and pat it out with your hands to form a 10-inch circle. Slide sheet of parchment with dough circle onto an unrimmed baking sheet (or the back of a rimmed sheet). Set aside.
4. Prepare topping: Heat a cast-iron skillet on medium. Add beef, season with salt, and cook, stirring to break up the clumps, until meat is browned and crumbly, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
5. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and top with beef, mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, prosciutto (if using) and onion. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning (if using).
6. Transfer pizza to hot pizza stone in oven by sliding parchment and pizza off the baking sheet onto the stone. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with arugula (if using).
- Serving Size 1/4 of pizza
- Calories 481
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 128 mg
- Fat Content 37 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 15 g
- Sodium Content 896 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 15.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g