Sun-Dried Tomato and Spinach Cashew Quick Bread
Mild-tasting cashew butter is the star of this easy-to-make loaf, loaded with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Our favorite use for this bread? Topped with a soft cheese such as fresh mozzarella, a sprinkle of chopped basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Beneficial bread: This quick bread is packed with healthful foods, including spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and cashew butter. Spinach contains phytochemicals that scavenge free radicals and prevent oxidative damage. Plus, the iron in sun-dried tomatoes and the copper in cashew butter are both pivotal for forming red blood cells.
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashew butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- chopped raw unsalted cashews, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with oil.
2. In a food processor, process cashew butter and eggs until well combined. Add vinegar and process again. Add baking soda and salt and process until incorporated.
3. Remove blade and stir in tomatoes and spinach by hand. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped cashews (if using).
4. Bake for 45 minutes, until springy in center. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes then transfer to a rack. Cool completely before serving. Keep refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 259
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 116 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 251 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3.5 g