Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This Slaw is perfect for an outdoor BBQ. Find grilling recipes here.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded, thinly sliced (or julienned)
- 21/2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli florets, plus stems (trim and quarter florets; peel and cut stems into matchsticks)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste, optional
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 green onions, sliced, whites and greens divided (reserve greens for slaw)
- 1/4 cup finely minced lemongrass
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 5 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Prepare dressing: In a small sauté pan on medium-low, melt oil. Add whites of onion and lemongrass and cook until just softened and fragrant, 1 minute. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute, until fragrant. Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Add remaining dressing ingredients and purée until smooth. Refrigerate while preparing vegetables.
- Prepare slaw: To a large bowl, add cucumber, cabbage and broccoli. Pour in dressing and toss to combine. Toss in greens of onions and season with additional salt and pepper (if using).
Nutrients per serving (1 cup): calories: 84, total fat: 4 g, sat. fat: 4 g, carbs: 9.5 g, fiber: 2 g, sugars: 4 g, protein: 3 g, sodium: 148 mg, cholesterol: 0 mg