Green Frittata with Avocado Cilantro Mash
This frittata is filled with yummy, good-for-you green veggies — asparagus, green onions and baby mixed greens — for a super healthy meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
4 oz (6 stalks) asparagus, trimmed and chopped
2 green onions, sliced thinly
3 cups baby mixed greens (spinach, kale and chard)
½ jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
8 large eggs, whisked
1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1 lime, zested and juiced
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish or a pie plate with ½ tbsp oil; set aside.
2. In a medium skillet on medium-high, heat remaining ½ tbsp oil. Add asparagus and sauté for 3 minutes. Add onions, baby greens and jalapeños and sauté 1 minute. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, lemon zest and juice, ½ tsp pepper and salt. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle yeast on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center of dish is firm. Turn oven to broil on high and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Meanwhile, prepare mash: Add all mash ingredients to a food processor and purée until smooth. (Alternatively, mash by hand in a bowl.)
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 295
- Carbohydrate Content 11 g
- Cholesterol Content 372 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 284 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g