Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
Served with a side of crisp salad, these decadent kebabs are made up of sweet pineapple, bell pepper and grilled chicken cubes wrapped in savory ham. Our homemade creamy dressing is tangy, cheesy and tastier than any bottled store-bought variety.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 24 1-inch cubes
- High-heat cooking oil (such as sunflower, safflower or grape seed oil), as needed
- 4 oz all-natural deli-sliced ham (no added nitrites or nitrates), cut into 24 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced radicchio
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Pinch each sea salt and coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- 8 metal or wooden skewers (soaked if using wooden)
- Prepare dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- To a medium bowl, add chicken. Add 3 tbsp dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium and lightly brush grate with oil. Wrap 1 ham strip around each piece of chicken. Onto each skewer, thread ham-wrapped chicken cubes, bell pepper and pineapple, dividing ingredients evenly among skewers. Place skewers on grill; close lid and grill, turning once, until golden and lightly charred, and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir cheese into remaining dressing. Add romaine and radicchio, tossing to coat. Divide among plates and top with skewers.
- Serving Size 2 kebabs and 1 1/2 cups salad
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 87 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 559 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g