Lemon Chia Bars
Chia seeds are tiny powerhouses filled with omega-3s, fiber, protein and antioxidants. Thanks to the protein and fiber they contain, chia seeds can help keep you satiated throughout the day.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 3/4 + 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 tbsp BPA-free canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp lemon zest + 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 6 drops liquid stevia
1. Line a 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
2. To a food processor, add ¾ cup coconut flakes and pulse until finely ground. Add almond flour, coconut butter, coconut milk, honey, 1½ tbsp lemon zest, lemon juice, chia seeds, salt and stevia. Pulse until well combined.
3. In loaf pan, spread out mixture evenly and top with remaining 1 tbsp coconut flakes and ½ tbsp lemon zest. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then remove from pan and cut into 20 squares. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week or freezer for up to 2 months.
- Serving Size 1 bar
- Calories 75
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 16 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g