Peach Ricotta Bundt Cake with Yogurt Frosting
Sweet peaches meld with creamy ricotta cheese in this light and moist Bundt cake smothered with an orange–yogurt frosting.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour (Try: King Arthur Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour)
¾ cup organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar)
1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
½ tsp each sea salt and ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
½ cup sunflower or safflower oil
1½ cups full-fat ricotta cheese
2 tsp finely grated orange zest + ¼ cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1½ cups peeled and diced peaches (TIP: To peel, use a soft fruit peeler, or make an X on bottom of each with a knife, blanch in simmering water then peel.)
½ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp finely grated orange zest
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously mist a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cane juice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and oil until light and frothy, about 30 seconds. Stir in cheese, orange zest and juice and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture in 3 additions, until combined. Fold in peaches. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
4. Prepare frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together all frosting ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Whisk frosting again then drizzle over cake. Cut into 16 slices.
- Serving Size 1/16 of cake
- Calories 258
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 48 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 209 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g