Savory Dutch Baby Pancake
This savory take on a Dutch baby, topped with melted Brie and juicy fresh tomato slices, is a fresh, family-size option for dinner (but delicious any time of day).
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour or whole-wheat pastry flour
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
2 tbsp organic unsalted butter
2 oz Brie cheese, thinly sliced then cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a food processor, process milk, flour, eggs, salt, pepper and paprika until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Let batter stand for 15 minutes. Remove blade and stir in 1 tbsp chives.
3. In a 9- or 10-inch ovenproof skillet on medium-high, melt butter until foaming. Add batter all at once, then bake until pancake is puffed and browned, 18 to 20 minutes, sprinkling Brie evenly over top during the last minute of baking.
4. Using a spatula, carefully slide pancake out onto a cutting board. Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp chives. Cut into 4 wedges.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 174 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 105 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g