Smoky Orange Chicken Thighs
Orange juice, smoked paprika and jalapeño join forces in this spicy, zesty marinade.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A quick side of snow peas sautéed with slivered garlic and red pepper flakes turns this make-ahead chicken dish into a complete meal.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp lime zest + 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp each smoked paprika, ground cumin and dried coriander
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- 12 2-oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Transfer marinade to a large zip-top freezer bag and add chicken. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Massage chicken mixture to evenly distribute marinade; place bag flat on a freezer shelf. Freeze for up to 2 months.
2. To cook: Remove bag of frozen chicken from freezer and place on a large dish; thaw in fridge, 24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet; discard remaining marinade. Bake chicken until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken reads 165°F, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serving Size 2 thighs
- Calories 145
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 104 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 104 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g