This is the Easiest Baked Chicken You’ll Ever Make
Want to learn how to bake chicken in the easiest, most flavorful way possible? Check out our 5-ingredient recipe that you can get into the oven in 10 minutes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
While you might wish you could spend a couple of hours cooking a fancy dinner every night, realistically, most of us have limited time on weeknights. Sometimes that means tossing some simple chicken into the oven and pairing it with a salad or side of veg. This Crispy Parmesan Mustard Chicken recipe is quite possibly the easiest baked chicken recipe you’ll ever make – no more than 10 minutes to assemble then you toss in the oven until cooked.
How to prep your chicken before baking – quickly!
In this easiest-ever chicken, the secret flavor weapon is simply a combination of Dijon mustard and chopped rosemary that’s smeared onto the tops of the chicken breasts. Then a quick sprinkle of Parmesan cheese adds a sharp note and tons of flavor before popping it in the oven to bake.
You can also customize this baked chicken based on your preferences and what you have at home. No fresh rosemary at home? Use dried. Want to try a different flavor spin? Try swapping Dijon for honey mustard, balsamic mustard and horseradish mustard, which all pair nicely with this dish. For another umami direction, you can also swap Parmesan to Pecorino Romano or even asiago cheese.
The next time you’re wondering how to turn your transform your chicken breasts into dinner in the easiest way possible, look no further than this baked chicken recipe. We love it over greens or with a simple side of veg like sautéed spinach or broccoli.
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 4 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F and arrange oven rack on top rack of oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine mustard and rosemary. Coat both sides of the chicken and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Top each breast with equal amounts of Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Roast on top rack for 15 to 18 minutes, until chicken is browning at the edges and cooked through.