Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
Savor this easy dessert of sweet-tart berries swirled into indulgent mascarpone cheese over a chestnut crust
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
As spring flourishes and we’re enjoying more sunny, breezy days, we start thinking of how we can incorporate fresh fruit into our days. These blueberry cheesecake squares have the perfect balance of juicy blueberries and creamy mascarpone and Greek yogurt. Sweetened with natural sugars like raw honey and blueberry juice, these squares are perfect for weekend parties or events because of how easily they can be parceled out.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or pop in the freezer and for long-term storage.
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 5 Tbsp. raw honey, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest + 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp. brown rice flour, divided
- 1 cup vacuum-packed roasted and shelled chestnuts
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (TRY: Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parch-ment paper, allowing it to hang over the sides of the pan, and mist with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, 2 tbsp honey and lemon juice. Set over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until blueberries begin to break down and release their juices, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp flour and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse together chestnuts, salt, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp flour until mixture resembles wet sand. Press mixture evenly over bottom of prepared pan.
- Wipe out food processor and add cheese, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, remaining 2 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp flour. Process until well combined, 1 minute. Spread mixture over crust.
- Dollop cooled blueberry mixture over cheese mixture and swirl with a spoon. Bake until set, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool completely on a rack. Lift parchment to remove from pan, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 20 squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size 1 square
- Calories 121
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 40 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 33 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g