Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Prepare muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, butter and honey until well blended. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently stir in blueberries. Divide batter among muffin liners.
3. Prepare Cornmeal Streusel: To a mixing bowl, add all streusel ingredients. Using a pastry blender or your hands, blend until no longer dry and mixture is able to hold together when squeezed with your hands. Divide over top of muffins. (MAKE AHEAD: Topping can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.)
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before removing from pan.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 249
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 61 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 275 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g